КОНТРОЛЬНОЕ ЗАДАНИЕ № 2
I. Перепишите следующие предложения; подчеркните в каждом из них глагол-сказуемое и определите его видовременную форму и залог. Переведите предложения на русский язык. В разделе (б) обратите внимание на перевод пассивных конструкций.
1. The president of the company has shown some interest in spare parts for the equipment.
2. The Buyers and the Sellers were discussing the possibility of the purchase of inventory during their talks yesterday.
3. The International Development Association is financed by grants from donor nations.
4. When a consignment was received, it was examined and the delivery note was
II. Перепишите следующие предложения, подчеркните Participle. I и Participle II и установите функции каждого из них, т.е. укажите, является ли причастие определением, обстоятельством или частью глагола-сказуемого. Переведите предложения на русский язык
1. Every project supported by the Bank is designed in close collaboration with national governments and local agencies.
2. The key opening the door to IMF (International Monetary Fund) assistance is the member’s balance of payments.
3. The IMF (International Monetary Fund) is authorized to issue a special type of money, called the SDR, to provide its members with additional liquidity.
4. While unloading the ship, there may be found out that some goods were damaged.
III. Перепишите следующие предложения, подчеркните в каждом из них модальный глагол или его эквивалент. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. Prices can be set by the government, usually for different public services - railroads, electricity, manufactured gas, bus services, etc.
2. A company must deduct its costs, expenses, losses on bad debts and other items.
3. The Act of Claim shall contain the description and quantity of the goods under claims, order number, description and origin of the defect.
4. All amendments and addendums to the Contract are to be considered as integral part of the Contract.
IV. Прочитайте и устно переведите текст. Перепишите и письменно переведите 1, 2, 4 абзацы текста.
1. Britain is the fifth largest trading nation in the world and, as a member of the European Community, part of the world’s largest trading bloc, accounting for 20 per cent of all trade in goods and services. Exports of goods and services are equivalent to over 25 per cent of gross domestic product (GDP). Britain is a major supplier of machinery, vehicles, aerospace products, electrical and electronic equipment and chemicals, and a significant oil exporter. 82 per cent of exports and 77,5 per cent of imports are manufactured goods.
2. Since the mid-1970s North Sea oil has made a significant contribution to Britain’s overseas trade - the surplus op trade in oil in 1991 amounted to about £ 1,200 million. Production peaked in the mid-1980s, when exports of fuels made up one fifth of total exports.
3. Countries also trade abroad in things like insurance, tourism, foreign investment, etc. which are known as invisible imports and exports. When a country receives money from abroad for things other than goods, the transaction is called an invisible export.
4. Earnings from invisible trade are more than is earned from visible trade, placing Britain second only to the United States in overseas earnings from invisibles. Invisibles comprise internationally tradeable services; interest, profits and dividends on external assets; and transfers between governments. Britain is responsible for some 10 per cent of the world’s exports of services, which range from financial services such as banking, insurance and stockbroking to consultancy, computer programming, training and tourism.
V. Прочитайте 3-й абзац текста и письменно ответьте на следующий вопрос:
What can you say about invisible imports and exports?