КОНТРОЛЬНОЕ ЗАДАНИЕ №3
I. Перепишите следующие предложения, определите в каждом из них видо-временную форму и залог глагола-сказуемого. Переведите предложения.
1. They spent their vacation at the same village where they had lived many years ago.
2. Isn’t Professor Blake going to be invited to make a speech?
3. As French was constantly spoken around him, he soon became familiar enough with the language to understand a great deal of what was said.
II. Перепишите следующие предложения и переведите их на русский язык, обращая внимание на разные значения слов it, that, one.
1. The authorities found it necessary to close all schools.
2. One must realize that the increasing number of cars brings about considerable pollution of the air.
3. That computers and industrial robots are important for industrial uses is well known to scientists and engineers.
III. Перепишите следующие предложения и переведите их на русский язык, помня о разных значениях глаголов to be, to have, to do.
1. The study of theory is accompanied by practical training.
2. I had to get up early yesterday.
3. The development of science is closely connected with the development of higher education.
4. She has just passed her History exam.
5. Our company is doing well now.
IV. Перепишите следующие предложения и переведите их на русский язык, обращая внимание на бессоюзное подчинение.
1. You can easily bring the people you need together electronically.
2. Have you still got the journal you showed me some days ago ?
V. Перепишите и переведите на русский язык следующие предложения; обратите внимание на то, что в них просьба или побуждение выражены с помощью глагола to let.
1. Let us know when they will go on a hike.
2. Let me do it myself.
VI. Перепишите следующие предложения, переведите их на русский язык, обращая внимание на функцию инфинитива, герундия и причастия в предложении.
1. The books written by Charles Dickens give us a realistic picture of the 19th century England.
2. Watching football matches may be exciting enough, but of course it is more exciting playing football.
3. I hate to bother you, but the students are still waiting to be given books for their works.
VII. Переведите на русский язык.
The University of Oxford may be said to date from 1214, when the first charter was granted by the Pope, but long before this date there had existed in the town a number of religious communities and these were the real beginning of the University.
First there were only about 60 chapels and a student was living and studying at one of these chapels learning theology, logic and rhetoric. Oxford University of today is a federation of 48 colleges, each largely independent.
The governing body of Oxford University is the congregation of 1500 men- the assembly of all the members of the colleges. The colleges admit students, organize programs, students’ work and residence, laboratories, libraries and term examinations and confers degrees. Forty colleges of 48 admit only men, two colleges are mixed and six colleges are only for women.
A person studying for a degree at a British University is called a graduate. B.A. or B.Sc. stands for Bachelor of Arts or of Science, the first degree given after a period of 3-4 years of specialized study at a University. M.A. or M. Sc. denotes Master of Arts, or of Science, a higher degree, usually conferred after a year’s post-graduate study.
Social changes have certainly transformed Oxford considerably. Some of the traditions have gone in the past. However in spite of all these changes Oxford has not lost its distinctive character.