1.1. Прочитайте текст.
All products and all services have prices. The price depends on different things such as credit terms, delivery, trade-in allowance, guarantees, quality and forms of service, which price can produce the biggest profit during the long period of time. It’s hardly possible to determine such a price. 1. No other area of marketing operations has been a subject to bad practice. Many businesses pursue unsound price politics for long periods of time and are not aware about it. 2. For example, the prices of meat, cotton and other agricultural prices can be decided in large central market where forces of supply and demand exist. This is pure price competition. The price on industrial products (iron, steel, etc.) is usually decided by large companies. 3. Prices also can be set by the government, usually for different public services - railroads, electricity, manufactured gas, bus services, etc. If demand increases, prices rise, profits expand and new investment is attracted. But other factors may be involved as well. 4. Ultimately, everything is related in price: since the consumer can buy and must pay for everything out of a particular, limited amount of money.
1.2. Из текста изъяты 4 предложения, выберите из предложений A-E те, которые подходят по содержанию к пропускам 1-4, одно из предложений лишнее.
a) As a rule the amount and price of goods sold to large number of buyers is controlled by a few competing sellers.
b) The price may too high to produce a large volume or too low to cover costs.
c) Prices are related to each other in different ways.
d) Prices can be determined in different ways.
e) A “total product” includes the image of the product as well as its features and benefits.
1.3. Для получения более полной информации задайте 6 вопросов к тексту.
II. Определите тип условного предложения. Переведите предложения.
1. We would have stayed at home if we had known he was coming.
2. He would take me with him if I ... ready.
3. If the price of butter fell, the demand for margarine would probably fall.
4. Were I in the city, I would attend his lecture.
5. If the dollar is devalued, financial stabilization will be broken.
III. Поставьте глагол в скобках в нужную форму сослагательного наклонения. Перепишите предложения, переведите их на русский язык.
1. Carrie (work) better if she were a hardworking type.
2. If I had known that you were so busy, I (help) you.
3. If wages (rise), unemployment will increase.
4. If they (be) here they would help us.
5. If you (take) my advice, you would have carried money safely.
IV. Определите тип и форму причастия. Перепишите предложения, переведите их на русский язык.
1. The persons forming a company are required to submit several documents to the Registrar of Companies.
2. Wages are determined basically by the real cost of the commodities required on average to keep the worker and his dependants
3. Though impressed by the news, he didn’t show it.
4. They will provide the parts at the prices quoted in their latest offer.
5. The demand being high, we increased our output.