Контрольная работа №3
Задание 1. Перепишите следующие предложения, подчеркните в каждом из них глагол-сказуемое и определите его видо-временную форму и залог. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. The President has not signed the papers yet.
2. The company will export a lot of equipment next year.
3. The current assets are being constantly used and replaced during everyday business.
4. The day-to-day transactions are first noted in the original documents.
Задание 2. Перепишите следующие предложения и переведите их на русский язык, обращая внимание на разные значения слов it, that, one.
1. I work at the insurance company. It is in the center of our town.
2. The head of the company asked the secretary to bring the contract that had been signed earlier.
3. This equipment is more important for our factory than the one we bought last month.
Задание 3. Перепишите предложения и переведите их на русский язык, обращая внимание на разные значения глаголов to be, to have, to do.
1. One of the arts of management is to know to whom these tasks can be delegated.
2. He had to reserve rooms at the hotel for the representatives of the foreign firm.
3. You are to come to the language laboratory of the university.
4. He did not know when the documents would be signed.
Задание 4. Перепишите следующие предложения и переведите их на русский язык, обращая внимание на бессоюзное подчинение.
1. The methods we have just described are very effective.
2. I believe you have had talks with the firm recently.
Задание 5. Перепишите следующие предложения и переведите их на русский язык, обращая внимание на функцию инфинитива в предложении.
1. They will have to transport their goods by railroad.
2. Human demands are unlimited, but the resources necessary to satisfy these demands are limited.
3. The United Kingdom was the first country in the world to industrialize in the 18th and the 19th centuries.
4. Profit motive gives them the incentive to improve their products and reduce costs.
Задание 6. Прочтите текст и письменно переведите на русский язык абзацы 1, 3 и 4.
Economy of the United States
The United States is rich in iron ore, coal, and oil. Four fifths of the ore mined in the USA comes from the Great lakes region. Most of the coal mined in the USA is used by power plants to produce electricity. Coal is also used in the chemical industries to manufacture plastics and other synthetics. The production, processing and marketing of such oil products as petrol make up one of America’s largest industries. The basic metals and minerals mined in the USA are zinc, copper, and silver.
Some of the main crops grown in the USA are wheat, maize, cotton, tobacco, fruit and some others. Cattle breading and pig raising make up an important branch of America’s agriculture. To the farmers’ work more productive, scientific methods of farming are employed.
The United States is an important country with various branches of heavy industry prevailing, namely, the mining, metallurgical, automobile and chemical industries. Many branches of light industry are also developed, among them are textile, food and woodworking industries. The leading US exports are industrial machinery, electronic equipment, armaments, grain, oil products and chemicals.
American industry is distributed unevenly. The USA has been one of the best performing developed countries. The American labor market has attracted immigrants from all over the world and has one of the world’s highest migration rates. The country is the world’s largest and most influential financial market.
Задание 7. Прочтите 2-й абзац текста и ответьте письменно на следующий вопрос:
What are the main crops grown in the USA?