1. Текст прочитайте, спишите и выполните перевод на русский язык.
There are many different kinds of stores in every large city. When people want to buy something, they go to a shop. The most people like to do their shopping at big department stores and supermarkets. Some stores have high prices, some have lower prices. Before you buy something expensive like a television or a stereo or a camera, go around to many different stores and find a low price. The price you see marked is the price you have to pay. You can’t ask for a lower price.
Stores often have sales, and sell things at special low prices. Watch for things in the store windows or inside the store. Sometimes the newspapers tell you about sales.
There are many goods in the stores. For example, there are many different kinds of television and cameras, from very cheap to very expensive. But quite often the shoppers see their newly-bought goods breaking down in a few months after purchase. Often that are low-quality goods from Taiwan, Hong-Kong and the like, and even fakes bearing well-known trademarks. Which one should you buy? Think about what you need and how much money you have. Don’t buy an expensive one if a cheaper one is good enough. Buy good quality if you can. Don’t buy the cheap one if it’s not good. The experts in the shop will help you to make the right choice and offer consultations.
2. Ответьте (письменно) на английском языке на следующие вопросы:
1) How many stores are there in every large city?
2) What kind of goods are sold in the stores?
3) Where can you buy things at special low prices?
4) Where can people do their shopping better?
5) Who can help you to make the right choice?
3. Составьте высказывания из данных слов о магазинах.
a) prices, stores, high, some, have, lower, prices, have, some;
b) ask, lower, for, can, you, not, a price.
4. Вставьте соответствующее притяжательное местоимение.
But quite often the shoppers see … nearly-bought goods breaking down after purchase.
5. Выберите нужное неопределённое местоимение (some, any) или его производное.
Before you buy … expensive, go around to many different stores and find a low price.
6. Выберите правильный предлог.
This department often has sales, and sells things … special low prices.
a) on b) for c) at
7. Выберите правильный модальный глагол.
The price you see marked is the price you … to pay.
a) must b) can c) have
8. Выберите правильную видовременную форму сказуемого.
The experts in the shop often … you to make the right choice.
a) help b) will help c) helps
9. Выберите глагол в соответствующем времени пассивного залога.
The customers … by the salesgirl to explain why she wanted her money back.
a) are asked b) is asked c) was asked