КОНТРОЛЬНАЯ РАБОТА № 3
1. Перепишите следующие предложения; подчеркните в каждом из них глагол сказуемое и определите его время и залог. Предложения переведите.
1) The Defence Department’s share of the total federal budget usually ranges between twenty-five and thirty per cent. (Defence Department – Министерство обороны)
2) The Internet is enabling a new way of life – «the Web lifestyle».
3) Computers are being used now to compile information on numerous economic problems.
4) The State Bank of India has been since 1856.
2. Перепишите следующие предложения и переведите их, учитывая правило согласования времён.
1) They knew that he was an internal auditor in a large corporation.
2) I asked how long it would take them to make that economic model.
3) He hopes that the facilities management service will help him to improve the operation of this joint-stock company. (the facilities management – техническое управление)
3. Подчеркните причастия, определите их форму и функцию (определение или обстоятельство). Предложение переведите.
1) When asked to name the traits of the ideal employee, both executives and workers agreed that an individualistic and creative character is the most important.
2) Having signed the trade treaty the business manager left the office.
3) Europe has a well developed financial sector.
4. Перепишите и письменно переведите следующий текст.
History of money
The use of barter may date back to at least 100,000 years ago. Red ochre and shell jewellery in the form of beads also date back to this period, and had the basic attributes needed of commodity money.
The shekel referred to an ancient unit of weight and currency. Its first usage came from Mesopotamia 3000 B.C. and referred to a specific mass of barley which related other values in a metric such as silver, bronze, copper etc. A barley/shekel was originally both a unit of currency and a unit of weight.
The inhabitants of Lydia were the first people introducing the use of gold and silver coins. The first stamped coins were minted around 650-600 B.C. In the Western world, a prevalent term for coin-money has been specie.
The first banknotes were used in China in the VII th century, and the first in Europe issued by Stockholm Bank in 1661.
red ochre – гематит, красная охра
B.C. (before Christ) – до нашей эры
Mesopotamia – Месопотамия
shekel – сикель (мера веса и монета)
Lydia – г. Лидия
barley – ячмень
specie – монета, деньги
a metric – мера