1. Прочтите текст и ответьте на следующие вопросы:
1. When do students get degrees of Bachelor of Science?
2. When do students get a master´s degree?
COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES IN THE USA
1. Young people in the USA get higher education in colleges and universities. Students choose "major" subject and make many courses in this subject.
2. After four years of study students get the degrees of Bachelor of Science (B. Sc.), Bachelor of Philosophy (B. Phil.) or Bachelor of Arts (B.A., if they study Greek or Latin). After a year or two of further study they get a master´s degree. If they go on in their study and research, they will get a still higher degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D).
3. Higher education trains people to become teachers, engineers or to do other professional work.
4. College students often continue their study at universities. Not all the students get grants. The minimum period of study is two years (in this case they don´t get the degree of Ph. D.), three or even four years.
5. Many cities have colleges and universities that hold evening classes as well as daytime classes. People who work in the daytime can get higher education attending evening classes.
2. Переведите в письменной форме абзацы 1, 2, 4.
3. Выберите нужную форму глагола to be и переведите предложения на русский язык:
1. School education in the USA (is, was, will be) free.
2. They (are, were, will be} second-year students last year.
3. History (is, was, will be) the first lesson tomorrow.
4. Напишите предложения в вопросительной, а затем в отрицательной форме и переведите их на русский язык:
1. They have five lessons every day.
2. We had four exams last term.
3. Students will have a lecture on history tomorrow.
5. Поставьте глаголы, данные в скобках, в Past Indefinite Tense (прошедшее неопределенное время)
1. Не (to get) a degree in chemistry last year.
2.I (to pass) my entrance exams successfully a few days ago.
3. They (to read) many books on management last term.
6.Составьте три предложения, используя слова, данные в колонках, и переведите их на русский язык:
There is 2,600 universities in the USA
There are many students
a large library at the university
7. Заполните пропуски предлогами по смыслу:
1. There are three terms ... a school year.
2. University classes start... September.
3. In America all children from 6 to 16 go ... school.