I. Перепишите и письменно переведите предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на перевод личных и притяжательных местоимений. Подчеркните в каждом предложении местоимения.
1. The manager asks you to come in.
2. Do you know that man? Yes I know him.
3. They like their children very much.
4.1 always keep my promise.
5. Mary always makes coffee for her husband.
6. He likes his job.
7. We often visit our friends on weekends.
8. The article is interesting, but I don’t remember its title.
9. Mrs. Green takes her son to school every morning.
II. Перепишите следующие предложения, содержащие разные формы сравнения, и переведите их на русский язык.
1.1 hope to read this book faster than that one.
2.1 have less time for reading than my friends have.
3. Tom is a better student than John.
4. The more I studied the English language, the more I liked it.
5. The weather in Moscow is not so rainy as in London.
6. They live on the farthest side of the town.
7. Managers earn more than secretaries.
8. They all ate a lot but he ate the most.
III. Перепишите следующие предложения, подчеркнув в каждом из них модальный глагол или его эквивалент. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. Не must enter the university.
2. She should buy a new modem.
3. My brother could play chess very well.
4. They have to go to St. Petersburg.
5. We were to meet in the evening.
6. He must be at the lecture now.
7. You should be more careful.
8. We were allowed to go for a walk.
9. She can’t speak English.
IV. Перепишите следующие предложения, определите в них видовременные формы глаголов и укажите их инфинитив; переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. The dean will come here later.
2. Moscow attracts tourists fr om all over the world.
3. When he became a firm manager he had been working as an engineer for 5 years.
4. She is not at the Institute now.
5. My sister finished school last year.
6. Mike will be waiting for you at the office at five o’clock tomorrow.
7. The manager will have signed the documents by that time.
8. He left the town in 1995 and I haven’t seen him since.
9. We were watching an interesting movie when he entered the room.
10. Who are you writing a letter to?
V. Перепишите предложения и переведите их на русский язык, обращая внимание на разные значения глаголов to be, to have, to do.
1. A plan for the construction of the new shopping centre is to be carried out this year.
2. It’s not easy to master English pronunciation.
3. Now you will have to tell us what your plans are.
4. Do they know wh ere she works?
5. She has just come from Kiev on leave.
6. They had to turn on the light as it became dark.
7. Our task is to finish his work in time.
8. The are at the lecture now.
9. Who plays chess well? -1 do.
VI. Перепишите и письменно переведите текст:
Moscow is the capital of Russia, its administrative, economic, political and educational centre. It is one of Russia´s major cities with the population of about 9 million people. Its total area is about 900 thousand square kilometres....