1. Прочитать и перевести текст "Advertising as a career in the USA".
Advertising is any paid form of no personal presentation and promotion products, services, or ideas by an identifiable individual or organization. It flourish mainly in free-market, profit-oriented countries. It is one of the most important factors in accelerating the distribution of products and helping to false the standard of living. Advertising cannot turn a poor product or service into a good one. But what it can do - and does - is to create an awareness about both old and new products and services. So three main objectives of advertising are: (1) to produce knowledge about the product or service; (2) to create preferеnce for it; and (3) to stimulate thought and action about it.
Careers in advertising may involve working for advertisers, media, advertising agencies, or suppliers and special services. In opinion of American specialists, at most only 35 colleges and universities in the USA have effective programs of advertising education. Fewer men 10 offer any truly significant amount of graduate work in advertising. However, advertising draws people from a variety of educational backgrounds.
All media use salesmen to sell advertising space or broadcasting time. Media salesmen must be knowledgeable about business and skilled in salesmanship.
2. Ответить письменно на следующие вопросы:
1. What is advertising paid from?
2. Can you use any significant amount of graduate work in advertising?
3. Is it possible to turn a poor product or service into a good one?
3. Выписать из текста и определить функцию причастия настоящего,
прошедшего времени, герундия.
4. Выписать из текста предложения с модальными глаголами или их эквивалентами.
5. Выписать из текста 3 прилагательных и образовать степени сравнения.
6. Задать как можно больше вопросов к следующему предложению:
Only 35 colleges and universities in the USA have effective programs of advertising education.
7. Перефразировать предложения, употребив пассивный залог, где это возможно:
1. Advertising creates an awareness about both old and new products.
2. Careers in advertising involve working for advertisers.
3. Advertising draws people from a variety of educational backgrounds.
8. Напишите предложения, употребив this или these:
1. 1. … is a student. 3. … is a sister.
2. 2. … are doctors. 4. … are caps.