Контрольная работа №2
1. Перепишите следующие предложения, подчеркните в каждом из них глагол-сказуемое и определите его видовременную форму и залог. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. We have not finished the project yet.
2. Mr. Sedov cannot see you now. He is receiving the French businessmen.
3. He felt that somebody was watching him.
4. Our office had shipped the equipment to the buyers by April.
2. Перепишите следующие предложения, подчеркните Participle I и Participle II и установите функцию каждого из них, т.е. укажите, является ли оно определением, обстоятельством или частью глагола-сказуемого. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. The price list enclosed with the letter gives all particularities concerning the terms of payment and delivery.
2. What language are these businessmen speaking?
3. We had received the catalogues by the arrival of the delegation.
4. Crossing the room he locked the entrance door.
3. Перепишите следующие предложения, подчеркните в каждом из них модальный глагол или его эквивалент. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. You may fill in the form here.
2. We must take a lot of books to our lesson.
3. Jane has bought a car but she cannot drive yet.
4. Mr. Petrov is to meet the British businessmen at the airport.
Задание 4. Прочитайте и письменно переведите текст на русский язык.
In economics, the term profit has two related but distinct meanings. Normal profit represents the total opportunity costs of a venture to an entrepreneur or investor. Economic profit (also abnormal, pure, supernormal or excess profit, as the case may be monopoly or oligopoly profit, or simply profit) is the difference between a firm’s total revenue and all costs, including normal profit. In both instances economic profit is the return to an entrepreneur or a group of entrepreneurs. Economic profit is thus contrasted with economic interest which is the return to an owner of capital stock or money or bonds.
Normal profit is a component of (implicit) costs, and so not a component of economic profit at all. It represents the opportunity cost for enterprise, since the time that the owner spends running the firm could be spent on running another firm. The enterprise component of normal profit is thus the profit that a business owner considers necessary to make running the business worth his while i.e. it is comparable to the next best amount the entrepreneur could earn doing another job. An economic profit arises when revenue exceeds the opportunity costs of inputs, noting that these costs include the cost of equity capital that is met by normal profits. If a firm is making an economic loss (its economic profit is negative), it follows that all costs are not being met in full, and the firm would do better to leave the industry in the long run.
Задание 5. Прочтите последний абзац текста и вопрос к нему. Из приведённых вариантов укажите номер предложения, содержащего правильный ответ на поставленный вопрос.
What would be better to do if a firm is making an economic loss?
1. to leave the industry
2. to run business more efficiently
3. to take a loan in a bank