Контрольная работа по английскому языку
I. Соотнесите слова с их определениями
a) a typist
b) a judge
c) a waiter
d) a surgeon
e) a cook
1. does operations in a hospital
2. prepares and cooks food
3. serves food and drinks at the tables in a restaurant
4. decides how criminals should be punished
5. types documents
II. Прочитайте и переведите текст
“Choosing a Career as a Computer Programmer”
When I was seven, I went to school. I did well at school. I was especially good at Maths and Geometry, but I also coped with the rest of a subjects. At school I got into the habit of reading a lot. At first I read everything I got hold of. But the older I grew, the more definite my tasted in books became. I took to reading technical books and books about computers and everything connected with them, such as mathematics, physics, programming and so on.
In my last year of schooling I often wondered what I would to do in the future, what sphere of life I should choose, After a number of heated discussions with my parents and friends I decided to be a computer programmer. So I entered a college of information technology.
III. Заполните пропуски словами и словосочетаниями
2) to organize
5) takes a shower
6) cold water
a) Life is impossible without …….. work.
b) Alexander tries ………… his working day well.
c) Good ……… is better than ………..
d) At 11 o’clock he ………….and goes to bed.
e) I wash my face with …………
IV. Составьте предложения в Present Perfect, Past Perfect или в Past Simple употребляя слова в скобках
1. they, meet, their opponents. (just)
2. I, visit, a game of cricket (when I was in London last year)
3. I, wrote, an email to the sponsor. (just)
4. We, hear, the news about your wins. (already)
5. Over 10000 athletics, take part, in the Olympic Games. (last year)