1. Переведите предложения, определите функции слова one:
1. One may say that the function of criminal law is punitive and
corrective. 2. Each district court has from one to eighteen Federal district judges, the number depends on the amount of work within the territory. 3. In a legal sense an eye-witness is one who saw or heard the commis¬sion of the crime. 4. The British Constitutional system is one which has developed over centuries for the protection of its social order. 5. A court law is one which administers justice according to the principles and the forms of common law. 6. The USA Supreme Court consists of one Chief Justice and such number of associate Justices as may be fixed by Congress.
2. Переведите предложения, укажите функцию слов that, those:
1. The problem that we discussed lately is of great international significance. 2. That problem was discussed at the previous conference. 3. The regional courts hear and determine cases that are similar in character to those tried by district courts but which are of a more serious nature. 4. The bodies of government in the United Kingdom are: those of the legislature, those of the executive and those of the judiciary. 5. That is the man that told me about it. 6. We want to have friendly relations with all governments and with that of the U.S. as well.
3. Переведите предложения, обращая внимание на бессоюзное подчинение; определите тип бессоюзных придаточных:
1. He thought the trial would take place on Monday. 2. The work he did last week was very important. 3. The first thing he decided to do was let them know about that terrible crime. 4. He thought the hearing of the case had been postponed. 5. He was to bring me the book I asked for yesterday, but he didn´t.
4. Переведите предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на объектный и субъектный инфинитивные обороты.
1. She saw two men start towards her from opposite sides.
2. The minister was reported to have made a speech at Cairo airport.
3. Judges in the lower courts are known to follow the decisions of judges in the higher courts.
4. The inspector ordered the prisoner to be questioned.
5. He never wants anyone to carry anything.