If you do not find a ready-made, desired job in English, write in the message. Is a quality and cost of dumping.
1. Correlate the meanings of words and phrases in the right column of data, with their English equivalents given in the left column.
1. local government a. City manager
2. city manager b. authorized representative
3. mayor-council c. autonomous regions
4. set policy d. State Legislature
5. an executive officer e. Council under the mayor and city council
6. commissioner f. Law Enforcement; law enforcement
7. State Legislature g. local authority
8. law enforcement h. Councillor, Member of the Board
9. autonomous bodies i. executive officer
10. councillor j. determine policy
2. Read the text of the Regional Ministers and fill in the blanks in the text of words and expressions, the data in the frame.
appoints; coordinate; approval; central government; improve; effective delivery; political system; parliamentary debates; voice; regional interests; responsible
There are nine regional Government Offices in England providing "__1__ in the regions", implementing a wide range of policies on behalf of 11 Whitehall Departments. There are also nine Regional Development Agencies (RDAs). RDAs drive and __2__ regional economic development and regeneration. Their aim is to __3__ their relative competitiveness and reduce imbalances within and between regions.
The Prime Minister __4__ Ministers for the English regions. Regional Ministers are __5__ for providing a clear sense of strategic direction for their region. Regional Ministers also give citizens a __6__ in central government, ensuring that government policy __7__ of the differing needs of the nine English regions. Regional Ministers will make central government more visible in the regions, helping to raise its profile and generate awareness of the __8 __....
3. Read the text Forms of Local Government of the USA and translated into English words and expressions in parentheses.
FORMS OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT OF THE USA
While (1. mayors) and city managers often develop and propose policies, their basic (2. authority) is to carry out the council's directives and to implement the policy adopted by councils. Commissioners serve both (3. legislative) and (4. executive) roles. The relationship of the executive to the legislative (5. Authority) varies by form of (6. local government).
Mayor-Council Form of Government. (7. Policy and Administration) are separated. All legislative and policy-making powers are (8. vested) in the city council. Administrative authority is vested in a directly elected mayor or county executive. Mayors in second class mayor-council and code mayor-council cities may (9. veto) ordinances but the mayor's veto can be overruled by ...
4. Read the text The Local Policy-making Process. Fill in the blanks on the best sense of the word right, transformed it with a prefix or suffix.
Policy-making is often undervalued and ___1___, yet it is the UNDERSTAND
central role of the city, town, and county __2__ bodies. LEGAL
The policies created by the local __3__ affect everyone in GOVERN
the community in some way.
__4__ Council members of cities, towns, and counties have ELECT