I. Переведите письменно существительные (1 - 10).
Выберите определения (a – j), соответствующие существительным.
1) agreement a) an amount of money that must be paid
2) reduction b) a person, bank, or company that you owe money to
3) creditor с) the amount of money that something is worth
4) value d) a decrease in the size, price or amount of smth.
5) loan e) an arrangement or promise to do something made by two or more people, companies, organizations, etc.
6) payment f) an amount of money that you borrow from a bank
7) investor g) the money that is available to an organization or person
8) cut h) help, such as money or food, given by an organization or government to a country or people in a difficult situation
9) aid i) a reduction in the size or amount of something
10) budget j) someone who gives money to a company, business or bank in order to get a profit.
II. Вставьте в каждое предложение подходящее по смыслу пропущенное слово:
market leader, rules, delivery, online shopping, department, boost
market leader – лидер рынка
rules – правила
delivery – поставка
online shopping – интернет покупка товаров
department – отдел
boost – повышение
1. Many people use the web for online shopping or banking.
2. In formal situations it’s a good idea to follow standard rules when making new contacts.
3. A company that has the biggest sales or the best selling product in the market is the market leader.
4. The company hopes that its new strategy will give sales a boost.
5. Some retailers have found it difficult to guarantee delivery times: goods may arrive late.
6. A department is a part of company where people do a particular kind of work.
III. a) Выполните темы № 3, 5 в КОПР.
b) В следующих предложениях подчеркните глагол-сказуемое, определите его видо-временную форму и залог. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. The market for digital cameras was researched last year and the findings are reported in the Survey.
2. Prices have fallen in the food business, because of advances in distribution technology.
3. The car business has a serious problem: it is producing too many cars.
IV. a) Выполните тему № 1 в КОПР.
b) В следующих предложениях подчеркните герундий и инфинитив. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. American consumers cannot keep spending more than they earn.
2. Tracing the complex flows of funds is often difficult.
3. Congress failed to approve proposal that the two countries would have normalized trade relations.
V. Прочитайте и устно переведите на русский язык весь текст.
European Ministers Agree to Loan Greece
1. European finance ministers agreed to loan Greece about one hundred seventy-two billion dollars this week at a meeting in Brussels. Luxembourg´s Prime Minister announced the agreement: “After a meeting of at least thirteen or fourteen hours, we have reached a far-reaching agreement on Greece’s new program and private sector involvement that will lead to a very significant debt reduction for Greece.”
2. Under the plan, Greece’s private creditors will lose more than half of the face value of their investments. The agreement also means the country will receive its second financial rescue in less than two years. The new loans will likely let the Greek government make a nineteen billion dollar payment on its debt. Now, Greece must negotiate the terms of its loans with individual banks and other investors. But these creditors will have to hurry. Greece can dictate its own terms once it reaches agreement with two thirds of its creditors. Not everyone believes Greece will be able to repay its loans. The Fitch financial services company cut the credit rating of Greece. Fitch said, it remains "highly likely" that the country will fail to meet its financial responsibilities.
3. The Greek parliament has agreed to the idea of spending and job cuts demanded by the European Union and the International Monetary Fund. Parliament must now pass all seventy-nine meas