I.Переведите текст и ответьте на вопросы к нему
The Job Interview
A job interview is your opportunity to present your talents to a prospective employer. During the interview, an employer judges your qualifications, appearance, and general fitness for the job opening. It is your opportunity to convince the employer that you can make a real contribution.
Equally important, the interview gives you a chance to evaluate the job, the employer, and the company. The interview helps you decide if the job meets your career needs and interests and whether the employer is the kind you want to work for.
Before each interview, though, you should act as if the job you are applying for is the one you want – because it may be. To present your qualifications most advantageously, you have to prepare. You should have the needed papers ready and the necessary information about yourself memorized. And you should know how to act at the interview to make it an opportunity to “sell” your skills.
1.What is a job interview for?
2.What does an employer do during the interview?
3.What must you do to present your qualification most advantageously?
4.Why should you know to act at the interview?
II. Напишите ответы на вопросы, которые Вам могут задать во время собеседования
1.What type of position are you interested in?
2.What kind of training have you had?
3.Why do you want to work for this company?
4.What do you know about our company?
5.Do you prefer working by yourself or in team?
III. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. Why don’t you go to Mr. Brown for advice? He would tell you what to do, he would help you to make the necessary arrangements.
2. I’d like to make friends with Nick. It would be nice of you.
3. Ann is an excellent storyteller. It would be wonderful to have her in our drama group.
1. Why didn’t you come to our place yesterday? You would have enjoyed hearing Peter tell us about his trip.
2. I’m sorry he wasn’t at the office at the time. He would have attend to the matter immediately.
It was very wise of you to leave a message for him. There would have been no point in waiting for him.
1. I would have told you everything frankly, but you were away on business, the boy said to his uncle.
2. Come to my place this afternoon. The weather is lovely. We could go for a walk. You could enjoy having a walk in the forest, I am sure.
3. Peter is a good speaker. He would have kept to the subject, but on this occasion he was interrupted all the time and it made his speech too long as a result.
4. The boy has been very active. It would only be just to praise him.
5. “Can you wait a bit longer?” Jack asked the manager. “I know my friend would be interested in getting the job”
IV. Раскройте скобки и поставьте глагол в правильную форму Subjunctive I (сослагательного I), переведите предложения на русский язык.
1.“Why don’t you leave him alone?” the mother asked the son. “He feels rather upset after what’s happened, and a few friendly words (to cheer up) him”.
2. It’s a pity John wasn’t there. He (to convince) you in no time.
3.“I’m looking forward to getting the results of the experiment”, said the scientist. “It (to be) very useful to compare them with the figures we’ve got now.”
4.Why didn’t you tell me you were cold? I (to shut) the window long ago.
5.I didn’t know you needed those figures. I (to look) them up when I was in the reading room.
6.Your son’s getting very shy. It (to be) a good idea to send him to a camp for the summer. It (to do) him a lot of good.
7.I am glad I left before five. The traffic there is usually very heavy by five. It (to hold) me up.
8.Why do you want to stay with your relatives? I (to prefer) spending a holiday at the seaside.
9.“The children have already been out of sight for half and hour,” said the man. “I’m afraid it (to be) impossible for your to reach them now.