Контрольная работа №1
А. Перепишите предложения. Определите видовременную форму глаголов. Переведите.
1. He hadn’t worked with a company for a year when it collapsed.
2. Julia were listening to loud music, so she didn’t hear the doorbell.
3. Have you ever used English for business?
4. We had been smoking in silence for a few minutes before he spoke again.
5. Our company has been growing constantly since we offered this market.
6. Have you ever been to Rio Carnival?
7. I was tired. I had been working all day long.
8. I saw her when I was walking down the road.
9. He will be working on a new project during this summer.
B. Перепишите предложения, поставив прилагательные и наречия в сравнительную или превосходную степень.
1. I was feeling tired last night, so I went to bed_________ than usual. (early)
2. He is _________ than me. (patient)
3. We stayed at _________ hotel in the town. (cheap)
4. Can you walk a bit _______. (fast)
5. That’s ________ film I’ve ever seen. (boring)
6. It was an awful day. It was _________ day in my life. (bad)
7. It’s a long walk from here to the station- ___________ than I thought. (far)
C. Переведите предложения на английский язык.
1. Том уже убрался в своей комнате, когда пришла мама.
2. Вчера она приготовила ужин к 7 часам.
3. Не успела она выйти из дома, как пошел дождь.
4. Раньше он готовился к урокам более серьёзно.
5. Я хочу иметь более надёжную машину.
6. Какой день был самым счастливым в твоей жизни?
D. Перепишите предложения, подставив much, many, little, few, a little, a few.
1. There is so _________ snow on the roof.
2. Open the window. There is so __________ air the room.
3. There are very __________ pies on the plate. Take ___________ for your children.
4. Pass me the jug, please. There is too ___________ milk in my coffee.
5. I have very __________ books. You may take ____________ of them.
6. Give me __________ cheese, please.
7. I can’t drink this tea. There is too __________ sugar in it.
E. Перепишите предложения, поставив глаголы в скобках в форму Past Perfect Simple или Past Indefinite.
1. When we ____ talking I realized that we ____ before. (to start, to meet)
2. When I ____ at my suitcase I could see that somebody ____ to open it. (to look, to try)
3. The doctor ____ him and found that he ____ his arm. (to examine, to break)
4. We were a few minutes late, so the film ____ when we ____ to the cinema. (already to start, to get)
5. He ____ her for a long time since the day we said goodbye. (not to see)
6. She ____ me he ____ the few years working in a hospital in Brazil. (to tell, to spend)
7. We ____ hungry. We ____ (to be, just to have lunch)
F. Образуйте вопросы, начинающиеся с вопросительных слов в скобках.
1. TMF produces office furniture (what?)
2. We sell our products throughout Europe (where?)
3. I often have face-to-face meetings with new customers (what meetings)
G. Перепишите и переведите текст.
It’s a crime
Thieves have been around for centuries, probably for as long as humans, but armed robbery is a more recent phenomenon. Unfortunately women have always been the victims of rape and domestic violence. Forgery has been around ever since printing has been used to make money or produce documents. Rich people or their children are sometimes kidnapped and are not set free until a ransom has been paid. The twentieth century has seen the appearance of many organized crimes such as hijacking and drug-smuggling or drug-trafficking. Statistics show an alarming rise in the rate of violent crimes and crimes to do with the illegal sale of arms across the world. Perhaps the most recent crime of all is hacking in to computers to access information that helps competitors in industry. This increase in international crime makes one wonder whether it is still true to say “Crime doesn’t pay”.