Контрольная работа № 1 по английскому (СПБГУСЭ)
Содержимое: 40324215801790.rar (15,46 Кбайт)
Контрольная работа № 1
1. Examine the following words. Take them into consideration, reading the text below.
2. Read and translate the text:
THE MAIN CONCEPTS OF BUSINESS
A company is also called a firm or a business. While it is producing goods or trading, it is said to be in business. A firm which is just starting up is going into business and a company which stops operating goes out of business. If a company gets bigger, it expands. The expansion of a firm means it can produce more goods or sell more of its products. A manufacturer (or manufacturing company) produces goods. The goods it makes are its products. When a manufacturing company expands, it usually increases production. If one year it produces 110 tones, it has increased production by 10%.
A company which sells goods in large quantities (in bulk) is called a wholesale distributor (or wholesaler). A company or person buying goods in bulk (or wholesale) and selling them in small quantities is a retailer. Most local shops are retailers and sell goods retail.
Two or more companies which sell or manufacture the same products are competitors (or rivals). They are in competition and they compete for customers. In order to sell more goods than its rivals, a company must be competitive. It is important to keep ahead of the competition by selling at competitive prices. If a company has an advantage over its competitors (for example a cheaper or better products) it gives them an edge on the market.
An area where there is a demand for certain goods is called a market. A company which markets (sells) goods locally caters for the local market. Goods sold in the same country as they are produced are sold on the domestic (or home). A company which starts selling goods overseas is said to go into exporting (or to go into the export business). An importer buys goods abroad and imports them into his own country. The goods are then called imports and the process of importing is called importation.
3. Answer the questions:
1. Does the term “company” have the same meaning as the words “firm” and “business”?
2. What do they say about the company if it is producing goods or trading?
3. What does it mean to go into business?
4. Explain the expression “to go out of business”?
5. What does a company do if it gets bigger?
6. What does the expansion of a firm mean?
7. What company produces goods?
8. What units of measurement define the expansion of a manufacturing company?
9. What company is called a wholesaler?
10. Who can sell goods retail?
11. What companies may be called competitors?
12. Why must a company be competitive?
13. What kinds of advantages may a company have over its competitors?
14. What is a market?
15. What’s the difference between the domestic market and exporting? What does an importer do?
4. Choose the right tense forms of the verbs to restore the following text:
The Bank of England …(1)… Britain’s central bank. It …(2)… in 1694. It …(3)… privately until it …(4)... in 1946. The Governor, Deputy Governor, and 16 directors …(5)…the Board of Directors. They …(6)… by the Queen on the recommendation of the Prime Minister. The Bank of England …(7)… with the control of the banking system in the interests of the nation. The Bank …(8)… money to the Government. The Government …(9)… the sums required by issuing Treasury bills. The style of work of the Bank much …(10)… by the world.
1. a)were b) was c) are d) am e) is
2. a) is founded b) will be founded c) are founded d) founded e) was founded
3. a) owned b) owns c) was owned d) is owned e)will be owned
4. a) has been nationalized b) were nationalized c) was nationalized
d) nationalized e) had been nationalized
5. a) forms b) are formed c) formed d) form e) was formed
6. a) appointed b) appoints c) is appointed d) are appointed e) appoints
7. a) is charged b) charges c) charged d) had been charged e) are charged
8. a) does not lend b) is not lent c) do not lend d) will not be lent e) are not lent
9. a) borrow b) is borrowed c) borrows d) is borrowing e) borrowed
10. a) admire b) admires c) am admired d) is admired e) are admired
5. Supply prepositions where it is necessary:
1. _______ years this field of financial management underwent a number of significant changes.
a) in b) with c) after d) during
2. Financial capital includes the liquid assets of a company as opposed _______ physical assets.
a) on b) for c) of d) to
3. The most usual classes of share ________ which the capital of a company can be divided are preference, ordinary and deferred shares.
a) on b) for c) into d) in
4. Preference shares have a fixed rate ________ dividend.
a) of b) off c) for d) -
5. The holders of these shares cannot vote _________ the general meetings of the company.
a) for b) at c) on d) in
6. The composition ________ a company’s capital is called capital structure.
a) - b) off c) of d) for
6. Restore the English text choosing the right word:
Over the past two decades (1-финансовые) problems have (2-ухудшились) the world over. Public (3 - долги) have reached (4 – трудноликвидируемый) level in a growing number of industrial countries. This development and its results – higher (5 - процентный) rates, lower investment, and slower (6 - рост) in living standards – have stimulated efforts by policymakers to find solution to (7 - раздутый) budget deficit. Central to these solutions is (8 - финансовая) policy adopted by a government for raising (9 - доходы) to meet (10 - расходы).
1. a) financial b) current c) swollen d) major e) productive
2. a) exacerbated b) collected c) justified d) refused e) enhanced
3. a) goods b) debts c) notions d) forces e) taxes
4. a) impossible b) unsustainable c) unpredictable d) uncontrollable e) unproductive
5. a) debt b) term c) interest d) power e) goods
6. a) notion b) incidence c) refuse d) growth e) power
7. a) multilevel b) public c) fiscal d) medium e)swollen
8. a) current b) major c) fiscal d) medium e) public
9. a) term b) interest c) revenue d) tax e) notion
10. a) relation b) attainment c) management d) federal e) expenditure
|1 мес||3 мес||12 мес|
В целях исключения необоснованных и заведомо ложных сообщений о фактах нарушения указанных прав, администрация будет отказывать в предоставлении услуг на торговой площадке Plati, только после получения от Вас письменных заявлений о нарушении с приложением копий документов, подтверждающих ваши авторские права или права собственности, по адресу: 123007, г. Москва, Малый Калужский пер. д.4, стр.3, Адвокатский кабинет «АКАР №380».
В целях оперативного реагирования на нарушения Ваших прав и необходимости блокировки действий недобросовестных продавцов, Plati просит Вас направить заверенную телеграмму, которая будет являться основанием для блокировки действий продавца, указанная телеграмма должна содержать указание: вида нарушенных прав, подтверждения ваших прав и ваши контактные данные (организиционно-правовую форму лица, Ф.И.О.). Блокировка будет снята по истечение 15 дней, в случае непредставления Вами в Адвокатский кабинет письменных документов подтверждающих ваши авторские права или права собственности.