I. Измените предложения, употребив существительные во множественном числе. Предложения переведите.
Образец: This is our employer. – Это наш работодатель.
These are our employers. – Это наши работодатели.
1. Government is a taxing authority. 2. This is a reliable bank. 3. That customer is not a shareholder. 4. That man was a manager. 5. This is a new product.
II. Выберите притяжательное или личное местоимение по смыслу. Предложения переведите.
1. This firm is (she, her, hers). 2. Do (you, your, yours) take part in economic activity? 3. (They, their, theirs) like to shop at chain stores. 4. (He, his) credit is profitable. 5. (We, our, ours) don’t use credit cards. 6. (She, her, hers) left (she, her, hers) office at 6 pm. 7. (I, my, mine) work in marketing.
III. Раскройте скобки, употребив соответствующие глагольные формы. Предложения переведите.
1. Two years ago the President of the firm (not like) my idea.
2. Yesterday at 10 am the accountant (check) the figures carefully.
3. I (not work) here.
4. Sorry, Mr. Clark can’t see you at the moment. He (talk) to a customer.
5. By 2 pm tomorrow the Board of Directors (sign) the contract.
6. I (know) Jack since we worked together in Spain.
7. By 2 o’clock yesterday he (build) sufficient contacts to help us.
IV. Употребите соответствующие модальные глаголы или их эквиваленты и переведите предложения.
1. I … leave now. I am late for the meeting.
2. You … park your car here at the weekends, but not during the week.
3. … I help you?
4. I think we … invest more heavily in marketing.
5. Friday is not a good day for the meeting. I … be out of the office on that day.
V. Прочитайте и переведите письменно следующий текст.
A planned economy is sometimes called a command economy, centrally planned economy, or command and control economy. It is an economic system in which the state or government controls the factors of production and makes all decisions about their use and about the distribution of income. In such an economy, the planners decide what should be produced and direct enterprises to produce those goods. Planned economies are in contrast to unplanned economies (a market economy). In a market economy production, distribution, and pricing decisions are made by the private owners of the factors of production. Everything is based upon owner’s interests rather than upon furthering some overarching macroeconomic plan.
A traditional economy is an economic system in which resources are allocated by inheritance. It has a strong social network and is based on primitive methods and tools. It is strongly connected to subsistence farming. In the majority of countries traditional economy has been replaced by command economy, market economy, or mixed economy. However, it is found today mainly in underdeveloped, agricultural parts of South America, Asia, and Africa.
Traditional economy fosters the sense of community. It causes little friction among members and provides a sense of security and psychological comfort. There is a relatively low unemployment rate and low crime rate. A traditional economy allows for a greater degree of autonomy as no or little money is given to the government and there is no competition.
A traditional economy does not allow for much economic growth and development as changes are very slow and there is a lack of social mobility. A traditional economy does not take advantage of technology. There is relatively little promotion of intellectual and scientific development. With no incentives for entrepreneurs, the consumer choice is diminished. It leads to a lower standard of living and is not recommended among larger countries.