1. Read and translate the letter of enquiry.
Pet Products Ltd.
180 London Road
Exeter ЕХ4 4JY
1st March, 2012
We read your advertisement in the «Pet Magazine» of 25th February and we are very interested in buying your equipment for producing pet food. Would you kindly send us more information about this equipment:
- price ( please quote CIF Odessa price)
- dates of delivery
- terms of payment
- if the price includes the cost of equipment installation and our staff training.
Our company specializes in distributing pet products in the Ukraine. We have more than 50 dealers and representatives in different regions and would like to start producing pet food in the Ukraine. If your equipment meets our requirements, and we receive a favourable offer, we will be able to place a large order for your equipment.
Your prompt reply would be appreciated.
Yours faithfully, D. Smirnov
Export — Import Manager
2. Find the answers to the following questions in the letter.
1. Who is D. Smirnov?
D. Smirnov is an export-import manager.
2. In which magazine did he read the advertisement?
He read the advertisement in «Pet Magazine».
3. What is his company interested in?
His company is very interested in buying their equipment for producing pet food.
4. What does Smirnov’s company specialize in?
Smirnov’s company specializes in distributing pet products in the Ukraine.
5. What exactly does he ask the company to send?
He asks them to send more information about this equipment.
3. All the parts are mixed up in this letter. Rewrite the letter in the correct order. Translate it into Russian.
12 March 2011
Telefax: (056) 043- 075
Our Ref: DA/ st
СС J.C. Hammond
Farmers Fruit Products
45 Leadenhall Strееt
London Е.С. 3
Attention: Мr N. Наrреr
Dear Mr N. Наrреr
Rе: Offer № 387/ 5117
Thank you for your letter of 9 March 2011.
I have pleasure in sending yоu our brochure with details of our new models. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Теlex: 4254 АGН
Telephone: 05270- 3985