Контрольная по английскому №1
Содержимое: 40730195846690.zip (9,92 Кбайт)
Text 1. My University - Moscow State University of Printing Arts named after Ivan Fedorov.
1. Read the text
Higher education plays an important part in the life of any country, because there is always a great need in highly-qualified specialists for future development and progress. Nowadays the styles of teaching, quality of learning materials and organization of the institution have to be continuously brought up to date and improved.
There are many universities in Moscow. The head of university is Rector. Usually there are several faculties in a university. Each faculty has a number of specialized departments and is headed by a dean. The course of studies lasts 5-6 years. The academic year in higher schools begins on the 1st of September and is divided into two terms (autumn and spring semesters). Students take exams at the end of each term. If the results of the examinations are good, they get grants or scholarship.
Moscow State University of Printing Arts is the only higher educational establishment in Russia, which prepares the personnel with the higher education degree for the whole spectrum of professions in the sphere of publishing business, graphic arts and distribution of the printing products.
The history of the university goes back to July, 1930 when the Higher Arts and Technical studies, later called the Higher Art and Technical Institute (VHUTEIN) was established. The first graduates of the graphic art specialists were 40 engineers-technologists.
In January, 1997 it became Moscow State University of Printing Arts (MSUPA).
In 2010 Moscow State University of Printing Arts celebrated the 80th anniversary of its establishing and in honour of that event it was named after the first Russian printer Ivan Fedorov.
During the years of work the university has achieved not only the reputation of the main centre of personnel training, but it has also become the keeper of Russian traditions in graphic arts and publishing. In the period of its existence, the university has graduated more than 60 thousands experts for the printing industry.
The training of the professionals at the university covers 19 specialities on six faculties. They are:
- faculty of print media technologies (The faculty trains bachelors and specialists in technology of printing industry, design in packaging, quality management, science of materials, printing machines and automated complexes.);
- faculty of media systems and information technologies;
- faculty of economics and management (Bachelors and specialists of this faculty specialize in economics and management of an enterprise in printing industry, accounting analysis and audit.);
- faculty of graphic arts design;
- faculty of book business and journalism ( It prepares the bachelors and specialists in publishing, editing, , journalism and book distribution)
-faculty of public relations and advertising (The specialists in advertising and public relations are trained at this faculty. New specialization is PR (public relations)).
In the sphere of additional professional education more than 1500 experts annually improve their qualifications in modern technologies, such as digital methods of printing and management, quality management of printing products and others.
The educational process is conducted by the stuff of 43 departments, which consist of high qualified personnel, with 65% having scientific degrees and academic status.
The annual admition of the budget forms students is about 900 people. Moreover, for all comers it is possible to become a self paying student.
The University development is achieved with the help of some foreign equipment producers (Heidelberg, Mann-Roland, Kerning Bauer, DuPont, X-Reith), which also have taken part in establishing the centre of laboratory and practice students´ training, equipped with modern printing machines, computers, laboratory and academic stuff.
The University teachers and staff make annual scientific investigation to the amount of 700-800 thousands euro. They are oriented on the development of the publishing market problems, modern methods of the printing information output, and their usage in the society.
On the MSUPA basis and with its assistance several printing enterprises function: «Academic Printing House», «Alfa -Design», where the process of practical training is held. The university publishing and producing center prints more than 100 titles of issues: textbooks, training aids, methodical editions and others.
At present a new system of education is introduced at the university - a distance education system. This computer system of learning helps working professionals to continue their education while remaining at their jobs. This system enables people to get knowledge and good foundation in the sciences basic to a certain field of study. Distance learning has developed over years from satellite video courses to modern videoconferencing through personal computers.
Education is a process through which culture is preserved, knowledge and skills are developed, values are formed, and information is exchanged. Education is the way to success.
3. Make the written translation of the part of the text marked in italics
(Сделайте письменный перевод отрывка текста, выделенного курсивом).
4. Choose the answer to the following questions
( Выберите верный ответ на следующие вопросы):
1. What is higher education?
a) the primary education;
b) the education at the university;
c) the secondary education;
d) the education at school.
2. Who is the head of the university?
3. How many terms are in academic year?
4. When was the Moscow State University of Printing Arts founded?
a) In 1927;
b) in 1930;
c) in 1987;
d) in 1997.
5. How many specialities are trained at the MSUPA?
5. Match the two halves of the phrases:
(Соедините две половины выражений)
1 higher a year
2 learning b arts
3 academic c exams
4 to take d degree
5 publishing e education
6 graphic f system
7 printing g materials
8 the Bachelor h Science
9 the Doctor of i business
10 distance education j product
6. Translate the resulting expressions into Russian.
(Переведите письменно полученные выражения на русский язык)
7. Find the statement true or false
(Определите, верно или ложно утверждение одним словом):
1. Higher education plays an important part in the life of any country.
2. Each faculty has a number of specialized departments and is headed by rector.
3. The academic year in higher schools begins on the 1st of October.
4. Students take exams at the end of each term.
5. Moscow State University of Printing Arts is the only higher educational establishment in Russia, which prepares the personnel with the higher education degree for the whole spectrum of professions in the sphere of publishing business, graphic arts and distribution of the printing products.
6. The first graduates of the graphic art specialists were 140 engineer-technologists.
7. During the years of work the university has achieved only the reputation of the main centre of personnel training.
8. Constant attention is paid to the holding of additional educational programs, aimed to improve the level of proficiency and competitive abilities of the graduates.
9. The partners of the university are the leaders of the graphic arts higher educational institutes from several western countries.
10. The computer system of learning does not help working professionals to continue their education while remaining at their jobs.
8. Complete the sentences with correct endings
(Выберите верную концовку предложений):
1. The history of the university has begun from organizing:
a) Moscow and Leningrad departments.
b) the Higher Arts and Technical studies.
c) the Moscow State
|1 мес||3 мес||12 мес|
В целях исключения необоснованных и заведомо ложных сообщений о фактах нарушения указанных прав, администрация будет отказывать в предоставлении услуг на торговой площадке Plati, только после получения от Вас письменных заявлений о нарушении с приложением копий документов, подтверждающих ваши авторские права или права собственности, по адресу: 123007, г. Москва, Малый Калужский пер. д.4, стр.3, Адвокатский кабинет «АКАР №380».
В целях оперативного реагирования на нарушения Ваших прав и необходимости блокировки действий недобросовестных продавцов, Plati просит Вас направить заверенную телеграмму, которая будет являться основанием для блокировки действий продавца, указанная телеграмма должна содержать указание: вида нарушенных прав, подтверждения ваших прав и ваши контактные данные (организиционно-правовую форму лица, Ф.И.О.). Блокировка будет снята по истечение 15 дней, в случае непредставления Вами в Адвокатский кабинет письменных документов подтверждающих ваши авторские права или права собственности.