1. Перепишите следующие предложения, подчеркните в них глагол-сказуемое, определите его время, вид и залог. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
Например: is based – Pr. Simple Passive
1.Compound semiconductors have been applied to a great extent. 2. The performance characteristics of amplifiers will have been altered. 3. The model has been modified and is now being used in many practical situations. 5. Magnetic amplifiers have been employed for some 50 years; transistors were reported upon in 1948. 5. The problem will be dealt with in the next chapter. 6. Which of the two operations is to be performed next? 7. Those who learn a foreign language must follow spelling and grammar rules. 8. They left before the hour of the next meeting has been agreed upon. 9. She was being laughed at by everybody. 10. They say that paper must have been invented in China.
2. Поставьте глагол-сказуемое в следующих предложениях в страдательном залоге, стараясь сохранить время.
1.? killed thirty people and ? injured (травмировать, получать увечье) 65 in that terrible accident. 2. ? hid the treasure in a place which no one could find. 3. ? can´t learn a foreign language in a few days. 4. The dog was mad and ? had to shoot it.
3. Из данных слов постройте предложения. Глаголы в скобках поставьте в нужную форму страдательного залога.
1. a few students – was (to do) – this exercise – correctly.
2. this book – a very young author – was (to write).
3. is being (to make) – his new suit – a first-class tailor.
4. the sun rays – is (to give) - to us – heat.
5. alone – often – was (to leave) – the child – home.
4. Трансформируйте предложения в активный залог, используя слова they, we, somebody в качестве подлежащего, где это необходимо.
1. Harry wasn´t punished at all. 2. The problem will be dealt with in the next chapter. 3. They knew that the reason had been explained to us. 5. Today plastics are being widely used instead of metals.
5. Перепишите и переведите на русский язык следующие предложения, обращая внимание на различные значения глаголов to do, to be, to have.
1. Don´t come at 9 o´clock. 2. Did he do his work well? 3. The operators dealing with radioisotopes must have protective suits. 4. The engineers are to study the problem of using artificial intelligence. 5. We had to change 40
the design of this machine. 6. There are two main classes of film and hybrid integrated circuits. 7. The transistors and diodes are widely used on monolithic integrated circuits because of the relatively small size. 8. The semiconductor may have a net positive electrostatic charge. 9. The pilots had to maintain direct radio contact between the planes. 10. A modern automatic digital computer does more than 100 mln operations in each second.
6. Трансформируйте следующие предложения в придаточные дополнительные, начав с фраз I knew, I thought, He said . Измените время глаголов-сказуемых в придаточных дополнительных в соответствии с правилами согласования времен. Произведите другие необходимые преобразования.
1. My foreign friends are going to send me an invitation for visiting Paris. 2. We can simplify this question. But there is no need for doing this. 3. A calculator is just any other electronic system, except that it uses digital electronics instead of analog electronics. 4. Everybody is going to attend the scientific conference, which is to be held in our city in May. 5. The TV program does not seem interesting and viewers cannot expect any positive changes in it. 6. He does not have to take a bus – he lives near the University. 7. The experiment has already been conducted, and scientists are pleased with the results. 8. It took him a lot of effort to complete the experiment in time. 9. Some of the most respected publications declared that a machine could never do anything that required thought. 10. How are directions to be expressed to the computer?