По специальности «Технология продуктов общественного питания»
I Перепишите предложения, поставив сказуемое в страдательный залог, переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. The Romans completed the Colosseum in 82 AD.
2. I lost the key yesterday.
3. We will translate the text tomorrow.
4. I will ask many questions when he stops speaking.
5. The teacher explained all the meanings of the world.
6. Millions of tourists visit London every year.
II. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в нужную временную форму, соблюдая правило согласования времен, переведите на русский язык.
1. Не said that he (will be) a good specialist.
2. He said that he (to translate) the text.
3. He said that he (to know) several foreign languages.
4. We understood at once that this work (to be) an easy one.
5. She told me that she (to work) here.
III Перепишите и переведите на русский язык предложения, обращая внимание на модальные глаголы.
1 Не саn play football.
2. She may take my book.
3. She must pass the exam.
4. You needn’t worry about your marks.
IV. Переведите письменно текст, выпишите предложения с модальными глаголами:
The English usually have 4 meals a day: breakfast, lunch, tea (5 o´clock), and dinner. Breakfast can be a full "English breakfast" of corn flakes with milk and sugar, or bacon and eggs, toast and marmalade, tea or coffee. Some people, however, have just a cup of tea or coffee with a toast. This is usually called a «continental breakfast».
At midday everything is stopped for lunch. Most offices and small shops are closed for an hour and the city pavements are full of people on their way to cafes, coffee bars, restaurants. Factory and plant workers usually eat in their canteens.
The English like what they call "good plain food". Usually they like steak, roast beef, Yorkshire pudding, and fish and chips.
Afternoon tea is taken at about 5 o´clock, but it can hardly be called a meal. It is a cup of tea and a cake or biscuits. At the weekends afternoon tea is a special occasion.
Dinner is the most substantial meal of the whole day. It is usually eaten at 7 o´clock.
The first course may be soup (though the English don´t like it very much).
The main course will often be fish or meat, perhaps the traditional roast beef of old England, mid a lot of vegetables.
The, next course will be something sweet and often baked, such as a fruit pie. Last of all there may be cheese, often with biscuits.
V. Ответьте на вопрос: “What is “good plane food”?”