1. Перепишите следующие предложения в письменно переведите их на русский язык. При переводе обратите внимание на место предлога в русском языке.
1. The terms were agreed upon. 2. The data can be relied on. 3. This method was done away with many years ago. 4. The introduction was followed by a list of illustrations. 5. Character is influenced by heredity and environment. 6. People are influenced by the pronunciation and words they hear on the radio and TV or in spoken motion pictures.
2.Перепишите и письменно переведите следующие предложения, выбирая русские глаголы с дополнением без предлога.
1. This phenomenon will be commented upon in the following paragraph. 2. Some urgent problems have been touched upon here. 3. These matters will not be dealt with here.
3. Перепишите и письменно переведите текст. Обратите внимание на место Participle II в качестве определения и способы его перевода.
Overtime hours are the hours worked in excess of the standard number of hours of week laid down in the conditions of employment. Hourly-paid employees are normally paid at a higher rate per hour for overtime than for standard hours, and it is therefore in their interests to get the number of standard hours reduced. The amount of overtime worked fluctuates in response to movements in aggregate demand. From 1968 to 1975 the standard number of hours worked per week in the UK fell by about 1 per cent to just under forty hours, whereas the number of hours actually worked per week has fallen by 5 per cent to a little over forty-two.
4. Перепишите следующие предложения; выделите в них придаточные предложения, подчеркните их и определите тип. Предложения переведите на русский язык.
1. Man exchanges his services for the goods he wants to consume. 2. The number of people this planet can support is limited. 3. The choice we make depends on our preferences 4. In 1812 a young Bostonian, Francis Calot Lowell, had returned from a trip to England determined to set up in the United Sates a textile factory of the kind he had seen in Lancashire. 5. He raised capital, bought a site in the Charles River, and launched a factory that succeeded in the mass production of coarse sheeting. 6. Most people believe the chief reason for going to school is to learn something. 7. I think there is a great deal of merit in wanting to conserve energy. 8. Many of the rights English people enjoy today were won at a great sacrifice, first by the rising bourgeoisie against feudalism, and later by the working class.
5. Перепишите и переведите следующие предложения, обратив внимание на порядок слов в придаточном предложении.
1. Could the ice of the poles be melted, Antarctica might be the home of new nations and new civilizations. 2. Columbus did not find in the Americas a civilization that was technically more advanced than that of Europe. Had there been one there, it would have discovered Europe. 3. Japan´s large population could not have been self-supporting for so long, had soil and climate not been favourable.
6. Перепишите следующие предложения. Укажите, и каком значении употребляется в них глаголы should / would. Предложения переведите.
1. More attention should be paid to reducing the quantity of money in the economy. 2. Guaranteed wage should be followed by permanent employment. 3. In principle, the price increases should eliminate the excess demand. 4. At different stages of research the scientist would be interested in different questions. 5. Both private and public companies would not make public certain information about their business. 6. Private companies would place certain restrictions on the transfer of shares. 7. The discovery of life on another planet would be a monument to our age. 8 There is no problem, which would be mere exiting to everybody than that of life on other planets.
7. Перепишите и письменно переведите на русский язык приводимый ниже текст.
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF INFLATION?