Английский (1 курс, 2 семестр)
Содержимое: 40623235839907.rar (25,29 Кбайт)
Complete the text. Use vers to be, to have.
1) Smirnova ... on duty today. 2) I ... not ready for the lesson. 3) He ... a pucture.
4) She ... a globe. 5) Everybody ... present at the lesson. 6) Who ... in the classroom? 7)... you got a tape - recorder?
Translate into English
1) Я счастливый человек. 2) Кто из них наш учитель по английскому языку? 3) Она твоя сестра? Да, она моя сестра. 4) Где дети? Дети во дворе. 5) Я прав? Да, ты прав. 6) Ты голоден? Нет. 7) У нее есть готовая контрольная работа? Нет, у нее нет готовой контрольной работы. 8) Сколько братьев у тебя? У меня два брата. 9) У него большая семья? 10) У Маши большая семья. 11) У меня каникулы. Я свободен. 12) Как дела? Хорошо.
Make questions from these statements.
1) You are a foreigner. 2) Olga is an engineer. 3) I am a tourist. 4) Anna has a boy - friend. 5) You have a note - book. 6) Smirnov is a professor.
Give short answers
1) Has she got a brother?
2) Have you got a friend?
3) Has Mary got a girl - friend?
4) Are you a teacher?
5) Is he an actor?
6) Are they pupils?
Choose appropriate form of the verbs
1) I... in the 10th grade. a) is b) are c) am d) were
2) He ... at the theatre yesterday. a) is b) was c) will be d) were
3) Mr. Smith stayed at his office very late because he ... a lot of work. a) has b) have c) will have d) had
4) I... writing a letter. a) is b) am c) are
5) You are watching TV, …n´t you? a) is b) am c) are
6) Who ... reading the newspaper? a) is b) am c) are
7) My car ... at the entrance. a) was b) were
8) We ... watching TV at that time yesterday, a) was b) were c) will be
Read the text and do the exercises given below.
Living a Long Life
It is often said that Japanese people, on average, live much longer than Europeans. To a large extend this must be due to the food most Japanese people eat since from the point of view of the life-style, life in modern Japan is no less stressful than ours in the west. The Japanese live on a diet largely made up of fish and rice. At lunch-time a typical Japanese family will consume at least twice as many vegetables as we do in Europe. In comparison with Europeans, the Japanese eat far less meat and fewer potatoes; at the same time, they eat seven times more fresh fish than we do which make their diet much healthier by far. It would be fair to say that, in general, the Japanese consume far less sugar than Europeans, though the modern Japanese — frequent visitors to Europe on business or for pleasure — are discovering the pleasures and dangers of western-style eating habits.
a) Mark the statements which are True.
1. The Japanese live as long as people in western countries. □
2. From the point of view of life-style, life in modern Japan is less stressful than in Europe. □
3. The Japanese eat much more vegetables than Europeans. □
4. When in Europe on business, the Japanese try to eat only their national food. □
5. They consume more sugar than we do. □
b) Write down your answers to the following questions.
1. On what diet do the Japanese prefer to live?
2. Do people in Japan eat more or less meat than Europeans?
3. What makes the Japanese diet much healthier than ours?
4. Japanese people eat twice as many vegetables as we do, don´t they?
5. What do the Japanese discover when they come to Europe?
6. Why do the Japanese live longer than Europeans?
READING (20 MARKS)
Tell us about your 2012 holidays!
Hi, I’m Fred. I had three holidays this year, I was really lucky! I went to London in April with my best friend and we had a great time. We visited Big Ben and the London Eye. The weather wasn’t very good, it was cold, about five degrees. It was really foggy when we saw Big Ben and while we were on the London Eye it started to snow! That was really beautiful.
I went to Paris with my family in June. We were there for a week and we went to Disneyland, which was fantastic. The weather was warm and sunny but it was very windy, too. I bought some new trainers there – the shops are great! The first time I went to Paris was in 2005, when I was just five. I love it there, it’s my favourite city.
We had some great weather on my third holiday in Spain. I went with my aunt and cousins in August. It was really, really hot. Most days it was more than 30 degrees. There was no rain or cloud! We went to the beach every day.
5 Read and answer true (T) or false (F).
0 Fred went to London with his cousin. F
1 The weather in London was freezing.
2 It was foggy when he saw Big Ben.
3 He went to London with his aunt.
4 He went to Paris for two weeks.
5 Fred went shopping in Paris.
6 Fred went to Spain in August.
1.It … Sunday evening.
2.Everybody looked tired and wanted to go … home.
3. Mr. Candy locked the door and … outside.
4.The weather … fine.
5… sun was shining brightly in the cloudless sky.
6. He decided to go … home on foot.
7. The house he lived in was not far …and soon he was there.
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
You have a penfriend living in another country and he/she is curious to know about the major news in your country.
Briefly describe ONE news story that has been on TV, on the radio, or in the newspapers in your country, and explain why people are interested in it.
You should write at least 150 words.
You do NOT need to write your own address.
Begin your letter as follows:
|1 мес||3 мес||12 мес|
В целях исключения необоснованных и заведомо ложных сообщений о фактах нарушения указанных прав, администрация будет отказывать в предоставлении услуг на торговой площадке Plati, только после получения от Вас письменных заявлений о нарушении с приложением копий документов, подтверждающих ваши авторские права или права собственности, по адресу: 123007, г. Москва, Малый Калужский пер. д.4, стр.3, Адвокатский кабинет «АКАР №380».
В целях оперативного реагирования на нарушения Ваших прав и необходимости блокировки действий недобросовестных продавцов, Plati просит Вас направить заверенную телеграмму, которая будет являться основанием для блокировки действий продавца, указанная телеграмма должна содержать указание: вида нарушенных прав, подтверждения ваших прав и ваши контактные данные (организиционно-правовую форму лица, Ф.И.О.). Блокировка будет снята по истечение 15 дней, в случае непредставления Вами в Адвокатский кабинет письменных документов подтверждающих ваши авторские права или права собственности.